Speech And Esthetics
• The MAPA is nearly invisible.
• The cuspid discluding elements take up very little space so speech is rarely affected.
• Usually within days, the patient is unaware of the MAPA in their mouth.
• Full time wear is usually 6-8 weeks (comes out to eat & clean) during the therapy.
• Bedtime wear can be indefinite in highly para-functional and deep overbite patients.
•Equilibration for orthopedic stability and improved function can be achieved when posterior teeth are not trapped by full coverage appliances.